This site explores healing arts and activities that I have found to be helpful for me and hope they help you too.
Reflexology is a safe ancient healing art that includes adding pressure to reflexes that help relieve tension, improve circulation and support the body’s overall function. It dates back 5000 years to Egypt and exists in many cultures. Today, reflexology is used worldwide and is popular in Asia and Europe. In Denmark, it is integrated into the health system. Here in Canada it is also growing as more people discover the benefits of alternative healing.
Like so many others before me, an injury brought me to reflexology. Through health obstacles, I also noticed my hands and feet talking to me except I wasn’t listening. The pains in my extremities finally caught my attention when I suffered rotary cuff tendonitis affecting my shoulder, arm and hand. I had reflexology treatment in Denmark and self-treated until the pain disappeared.
Now, I am a reflexology student studying to become a certified and registered therapist while embarking on a path of healing and helping others. I am also making handmade jewellery in the forms of rings and bracelets that are designed to be worn but also used for soothing hands and fingers. Great for stressful situations; flying, doctors, interviews etc.
My personal tools include smooth hand-picked basalt stones from Vancouver Island beaches, a Thai massage stick, magnetic ear seeds and magnetic hematite spheres.
Disclaimer: Reflexology does not diagnose, prescribe or treat for specific conditions and is not a replacement for medical treatment.
After a long break, I have decided to offer my digital services again, on a part-time basis to balance my reflexology work. I provide a wide range of design, communication and technology services for your project needs. I am especially happy to extend my work to those in like-minded communities. This website is filled with living examples of my work. You can learn more about my skills and see my past portfolio at: http://mariaperonino.wordpress.com
All of these services can be completed remotely (preferred at this time) or in person. I provide a free 30 minute consultation. A 50% deposit is required upon commencing and final 50% is required prior to work released. Here’s a list of things I do and some examples of work:
- Content Analysis – Infographic of quantitative and qualitative analysis of social media activity. See example here
- Content Creation – Writing and visuals for websites, brochures, social media, blogs – browse this website for examples.
- Digital Use Guidance – Social media and mobile device mentorship. Learn more about digital use implications here.
- Graphic Design – Print products; posters, cards, brochures, restorations, web graphics, book covers. See example here
- Logo – Adapted for both digital and print. See example here
- Photography – Candid portraits, wildlife, inanimate objects, landscapes, abstract and documentation. See example here
- Social Media – Implementation and training: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. See my YouTube channel
- Web Facilitation – Implementation and training of CMS platforms: WordPress, SquareSpace, Blogger. See example here
- Working on the Mobile Platform – Learn and execute professional tasks on your mobile device: writing, photography, videography, blogging, social media, website CMS and more
- YouTube Optimization – YouTube Academy certified in: analytics, channel branding, community growth, content creation & discovery, copyright, meta data. Read here
I started collecting sea glass / stones and making crafts back in 2011 as a rehabilitative therapy for the digital work I was doing at the time. I found the process of beach combing grounding and being creative with my finds to be therapeutic. The process engages mindfulness and eye-hand coordination, thus it has become an extension if not the biggest form of my art therapy.
To see some samples of my work please visit: lunarmariajewelry.wordpress.com. I am also available to create custom pieces should you be interested. In the future, I hope to facilitate crafting with others as a form of therapy.
One of the best ways to learn tarot, is to associate the meanings in real life. Here’s an exercise I made where I associated my personal understanding of the world around me to the tarot philosophy by honing in on of keywords and phrases while connecting them to candid photos I have taken. The major … Continue reading My Candid Tarot Part 1 of 5
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.